Mobile/Tablet Menu

Desktop Menu

Search Container

Student Records

The Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) has established a Custodian of Records at each school site and at the District Office, to receive requests for records, and to ensure a copy of those records is provided to authorized individuals making the request. Students currently attending a PAUSD school should request records from the school the student attends.

PAUSD Registration Services office is responsible for the permanent archiving of student cumulative records of former PAUSD students. Cumulative records are maintained for students who attended PAUSD schools from the early 1900s to present. Records for each PAUSD school the student attended may include a listing of classes completed, grades, test scores, immunization records, and graduation status.

High school student records are generally maintained at the last school of attendance for approximately five years from the date of graduation or withdrawal, after which they are sent to Registration Services for archiving. If the request is for student records from the past five years, contact the most recent school of attendance during the school year, or Registration Services during summer school months.


Please direct subpoenas for student records to:

  • Mail: Registration Services: Records Requests
    25 Churchill Avenue
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
  • Via Let's Talk
  • Phone: (650) 329-3707
  • Fax: (650) 321-4525

Changing Student Name and/or Gender

Submit requests with any required additional documents to the Registration Services office (contact information listed above):

Special Education Student Records

Submit a Special Education Records Request form by fax or postal mail, to the attention of the Director of Special Education:

  • Fax: (650) 833-4265
  • Mail: Special Education Department
    Palo Alto Unified School District
    25 Churchill Avenue
    Palo Alto, CA 94306

Call (650) 833-4257 for questions regarding Special Education records.

Enrollment Verification

Enrollment Verifications are not released over the phone. Submit an Enrollment Verification Request form by email, fax or postal mail to the Registration Services office (contact information listed above).


Transcripts are available for a fee at individual schools and the Registration Services office.

Requesting a Transcript

  • If you are currently attending school or graduated within the last five years - ask your school.
  • If you graduated more than five years ago - ask Registration Services.

The Transcript Request form is available online, at your school, or at the Registration Services office. Payment must be received before transcripts can be distributed. You must also provide a valid photo ID along with your transcript request. Please include all names that were used during school at time of attendance and graduation.

Transcript Fees

  • $10 for the first copy to be sent within 10 days of receiving your application and payment.
  • $15 for the first copy for same day service.
  • $5 per additional copy.
  • Cash and Check only, payable to "Palo Alto Unified School District"
  • Provide a valid photo ID.

Send the request to Registration Services using the contact information listed at the top of this page.