The Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) has established a Custodian of Records at each school site and at the District Office, to receive requests for records, and to ensure a copy of those records is provided to authorized individuals making the request. Students currently attending a PAUSD school should request records from the school the student attends.
PAUSD Registration Services office is responsible for the permanent archiving of student records of PAUSD students. Records are maintained for students who attended PAUSD schools from the early 1900s to present.
Changing Student Name and/or Gender
Submit requests with any required additional documents to the Registration Services office (contact information listed above):
- If the name/gender change has been changed legally, download Legal Change of Name / Gender form.
- If the name/gender change has not been legally changed, download Requested Change of Name / Gender form.
Special Education Student Records
Submit a Special Education Records Request form by fax or postal mail, to the attention of the Director of Special Education:
- Fax: (650) 833-4265
- Mail: Special Education Department
Palo Alto Unified School District
25 Churchill Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Call (650) 833-4257 for questions regarding Special Education records.
Enrollment Verifications can not be provided over the phone. Submit an Enrollment Verification Request form to Registration Services: email RegistrationServices@pausd.org, or fax (650) 321-4525.
Transcripts, Report Cards, Progress Reports
Currently enrolled students, or graduated students within the last five years: Contact the student's school directly.
Previously enrolled student, or graduated students more than five years ago:
- Download Transcript Request form and complete it, and include all names that the student used during their time at PAUSD. Parent completes the form for student's under age of 18; students over age of 18 must submit the request themselves (unless parent has ower of attorney or consdervatorship). Make sure to provide a copy of a valid photo ID with the transcript request.
- Transcript fees:
- No charge for the first copy; will be sent within 10 days of receiving your application and payment. $5 for each additional copy with 10-day service
- $15 for each transcript requesting same day service
- Cash or Check only, payable to "Palo Alto Unified School District"
- Provide a valid photo ID
3. Send the request to PAUSD Registration Services: email RegistrationServices@pausd.org, or fax (650) 321-4525.
Please direct subpoenas for student records to: