*The meeting to review firms’ proposals and select three-to-four for in-person interviews which was scheduled as a special meeting for November 16, 2017 (8:00-10:00 a.m) has been changed. It will now be done during our regularly scheduled Board Meeting on November 14, 2017 (6:30-10:30 p.m.) Deletions are in
strikethrough and additions are in italics below.
The Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) Board of Education has begun the search process to select a new district superintendent and has agreed to the following search firm selection and process next steps after a discussion at their October 24 regular meeting. Next steps include:
- October 27, 2017 – Board issues a request for proposal to six search firms
- November 8, 2017 – Search firm proposal deadline
- Superintendent Search webpage on PAUSD website goes live
- November 14, 2017 - Regular Board meeting to review firm's proposals and select three-to-four firms for in-person interviews
November 16, 2017 – Special Meeting (open session) to review firms’ proposals and select three-to-four for in-person interviews (8:00-10:00 a.m. at PAUSD Offices 25 Churchill Ave, Palo Alto)
- November 17, 2017 – Issue invitations to three to four firms for in-person interviews
- November 28, 2017 – Special Meeting (open session) for search firm candidate presentations and selection (5:00-10:00 p.m. at PAUSD Offices 25 Churchill Ave, Palo Alto)
- November 29, 2017 – Community announcement: Search firm selection results and next steps
The Board’s objective is to hire a search firm on November 28, 2017, to help solicit extensive community input from PAUSD students, staff, parents, and community members for use in recruiting and selecting a final candidate by early Spring 2018 with the goal of having the District’s next superintendent in place by July 1, 2018.
Following the Board’s selection of a firm, the search process timeline and schedule of community input forums will be finalized and widely publicized. In prior superintendent search processes hundreds of stakeholder inputs were provided to the Board regarding personal and professional qualities and values desired in the future superintendent. In the coming months specific information on how to provide individual input and when open forums will be conducted will be provided via community announcements, emails to staff and parents, and postings on a Superintendent Search page on the PAUSD website. Interested community members are invited to attend the November 28th Special Meeting. We invite public comment in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or during public comment at the meeting after the presentations.
The Board looks forward to a collaborative and comprehensive process for choosing the District’s next superintendent who will work side by side with students, staff, families, and community to achieve PAUSD’s mission: to support all PAUSD students as they prepare themselves to thrive as global citizens in a rapidly changing world.
For additional information please contact Executive Assistant Vicky Lao at email@example.com