School facilities are provided primarily for the education of students and that use will always be given first priority. District facilities may be available for community use when the activity is consistent with the best interests of the District and does not interfere with the regular conduct of the educational program or district operations.
All provisions listed herein, the CIVIC CENTER ACT (Education Code Section 38130-38139) and all Palo Alto Unified School District POLICIES and REGULATIONS apply to all permits.
- Register at https://pausd.civicpermits.com. The lead time for all requests is 35-days.
- Complete and submit the Application and Permit for Use of Facilities. Applications must include set-up, take down and clean-up time within the hours of the permit request.
- Complete the Facility Rental Addendum for Energy Conservation and Waste Management.
- Upload the insurance along with the application.
- Once the application has been submitted, allow up to 10 business days for it to be reviewed and approved.
- An email will be sent to the applicant once the use permit is approved.
- Event occurs.
- The invoice will be provided by the school office.
- All fees related to Facility Use Permits shall be deposited with the Accounting Departments-Accounts Receivable.
Insurance Requirements for use of Palo Alto Unified School District Facilities.
User shall obtain and maintain the policies of insurance or equivalent program of self-insurance and limits as shown below for the duration of the agreement. The insurance coverages and limits of liability shown are the minimum insurance requirements. If User maintain insurance policies with broader coverage and limits of liability that exceed these minimums, those broader coverages and higher limits shall be deemed to apply for the benefit of the District and those coverages and limits shall become the required minimum limits of insurance and coverage in all sections of the agreement.
- Commercial General Liability including premises, operations, products and completed operations and contractual liability with limits no less than $1,000,000 per Occurrence / $2,000,000 General Aggregate per location.
- Additional Insured Endorsement: The Palo Alto Unified School District, its Board, officers, agents, employees and volunteers are named as additional insureds either by specific endorsement, naming these parties or a blanket additional insured endorsement.
- Waiver of Subrogation Endorsement in favor of the Palo Alto Unified School District, its Board, officers, agents, volunteers and employees or a blanket waiver of subrogation endorsement.
- Primary, Non-contributory endorsement in favor of the Palo Alto Unified School District, its Board, officers, agents, volunteers and employees or a blanket primary, non-contributory endorsement.
- It shall NOT Exclude Total Pollution.
- Workers' Compensation including statutory coverage as required by the State of California and including Employer's Liability with limits not less than $1,000,000 each accident $1,000,000 policy limit bodily injury by disease; $1,000,000 each employee bodily injury by accident. Sole Proprietors are required to submit a declaration to confirm the sole proprietor is in compliance with the California requirements.
- Cancellation Clause: Should any part of the coverages be cancelled, non-renewal, if the User fails to renew or have changes in coverage, User shall provide notice of such within 30 days written notice to the Certificate Holder.
- All insurance policies shall be written through insurance companies that are either admitted in the State of California or on the California Department of Insurance approved list of non-admitted insurers. All insurance companies shall have and maintain a minimum A.M. Best rating of A VII.
- The insurance coverage cannot exclude either participants or spectators.
- If your organization contracts with outside vendors to provide services during your rental, the vendor also must provide a Certificate of Insurance with same requirements.
- In the description of operations on the certificate of insurance, it must have the following language: "The liability insurance provided as required under this agreement must provide liability coverage for physical, mental, emotional and/or sexual abuse including molestation at the full policy limits without exclusion."
- The address for additional insured should be: Palo Alto Unified School District, 25 Churchill Avenue, Palo Alto CA 94306
- District shall have the right to modify any and all indemnity and insurance requirements based on evaluation of the risk.
- District reserves the right to require complete, certified copies of all required insurance policies, at any time.
Use Permits will not be approved until insurance is uploaded to your Civic Permits account under the "insurance" tab, no less than two weeks prior to your first date of use AND until all insurance requirements are met. The Certificates must have all required endorsements or the Certificate will be rejected as non-compliant.