School facilities are provided primarily for the education of students and that use will always be given first priority. District facilities may be available for community use when the activity is consistent with the best interests of the District and does not interfere with the regular conduct of the educational program or district operations.
All provisions listed herein, the CIVIC CENTER ACT (Education Code Section 38130-38139) and all Palo Alto Unified School District POLICIES and REGULATIONS apply to all permits.
- Contact the site administrator to arrange for the use of certain facilities or fields.
- Complete and submit the Application and Permit for Use of Facilities to the site administrator. All fees related to the issuance of a Facility Use Permit are payable at the time of application. Applications must include set-up, take down and clean-up time within the hours of the permit request. Send all applications for summer camps to the Office of Risk Management.
- Complete the Facility Rental Addendum for Energy Conservation and Waste Management.
- Provide insurance along with the application.
- Site administrator sends application to the Office of Risk Management for final approval.
- Upon approval of application, Risk Management mails the Use Permit to the User and sends the copy to school site office.
- Call the school site seven to 10 days prior to use to confirm your permit and if a Custodian is required.
- Event occurs.
- Site administrator assesses any extra fees or credits and notifies Business Services of any adjustments. Additional fees will be billed to the user.
- All fees related to Facility Use Permits shall be deposited with the Accounting Departments-Accounts Receivable. The Accounting Department is also responsible for credits to the user, transfers and distribution of Civic Center funds.
Insurance Requirements for use of Palo Alto Unified School District Facilities:
The certificate must contain all of the following; otherwise, it will be returned for correction.
- ACORD Form 25 must be completed by Insurance Broker or Agent.
- Bodily Injury $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Property Damage $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Assault and Abuse $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Additional Insured Endorsement: The Palo Alto Unified School District, Board of Trustees, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers are named as additional insureds.
- Cancellation Clause: Should any part of the coverages be canceled or have changes in coverage before the expiration date, the issuing company will mail 30 days written notice to the Certificate Holder.
Send the certificate to: Palo Alto Unified School District ATTN: Office of Risk Management, 25 Churchill Avenue, Palo Alto CA 94306 (650) 329-3803 FAX.
Insurance must be on file with the Office of Risk Management two (2) weeks prior to the event or use of facilities.
The Facility Use Permit (with three signatures) is required of all users without exception.
If you have questions, email email@example.com