School facilities are provided primarily for the education of students and that use will always be given first priority. District facilities may be available for community use when the activity is consistent with the best interests of the District and does not interfere with the regular conduct of the educational program or district operations.
All provisions listed herein, the CIVIC CENTER ACT (Education Code Section 38130-38139) and all Palo Alto Unified School District POLICIES and REGULATIONS apply to all permits.
- Register at https://pausd.civicpermits.com. The lead time for all requests is 35-days.
- Complete and submit the Application and Permit for Use of Facilities. All fees are payable at the time of application. Applications must include set-up, take down and clean-up time within the hours of the permit request. All applications for summer camps are required to be submitted to the Office of Risk Management.
- Complete the Facility Rental Addendum for Energy Conservation and Waste Management.
- Upload the insurance along with the application.
- An email will be sent to the applicant once the use permit is approved.
- Call the school site seven to 10 days prior to use to confirm your permit and if a Custodian is required.
- Event occurs.
- The invoice will be provided by the school office.
- All fees related to Facility Use Permits shall be deposited with the Accounting Departments-Accounts Receivable.
Insurance Requirements for use of Palo Alto Unified School District Facilities:
- ACORD Form 25 must be completed by Insurance Broker or Agent.
- Bodily Injury $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Property Damage $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Assault and Abuse $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Additional Insured Endorsement: The Palo Alto Unified School District, Board of Trustees, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers are named as additional insureds.
- Cancellation Clause: Should any part of the coverages be canceled or have changes in coverage before the expiration date, the issuing company will mail 30 days written notice to the Certificate Holder.