The objective of the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) Equity Plan is to guide the school district with implementing the Minority Achievement and Talent Development (MATD) Advisory Committee’s implementation of its recommendations with a systemic process over the next few years. The MATD Report provides a series of recommendations to be implemented as a way of achieving greater equity and access for historically underrepresented and low-income students in the district. The PAUSD Equity Plan prioritizes the work and specifies specific milestones along the way with the accountability necessary to ensure progress. To be successful, the Equity Plan must:
- Clearly state each recommendation
- Align with the PAUSD’s focus goals and Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- Identify the person or team responsible for the work
- Identify targets and milestones, and;
- Evolve according to the needs of the community, while staying true to the spirit of the original recommendations.