Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) offers several choice schools and programs to our students.
- All students are eligible to attend; admission is granted through a lottery system and an application must be submitted for each student, including students of siblings concurrently enrolled in a Choice Program, and students of PAUSD employees.
- To ensure stable enrollment and fairness to other families, parents/guardians are advised as follows:
- Parents/guardians are responsible for providing their children's transportation to and from the Choice Program school. Parents/guardians are advised to understand the long-term (kinder through 5th grade) impact on their commute, before accepting a Choice Program placement.
- When accepting a Choice Program enrollment, families understand they are no longer eligible to attend their neighborhood school, as the Choice Program school becomes the neighborhood school. Parents/guardians are advised to fully understand and agree with the characteristics of the Choice Program before accepting a Choice Program placement.
- Families desiring to exit the Choice Program for special circumstance must submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request, which requires a discussion with the school principal to discuss any issues, prior to consideration.
ADMISSION TO ALL CHOICE PROGRAMS FOR THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW CLOSED. Contact the school for questions regarding placement on a waitlist.
For school year 2019-2020: All students interested in applying for a Choice Program must first register with the Registration Services, office at 25 Churchill, during Round 1 (January - February 2019, exact dates TBD). For Application Deadlines and Information Meeting Dates visit the Registration Dates page.
If interested in proposing a large-scale alternative program please review the following Guidelines for Developing Large Scale Alternative Programs.