District Office Operations
Align with industry standard protocols and practices to maintain efficient, intuitive, well-paced, compliant, and fiscally responsible management of District operations.
Optimize use of resources to support student development and ensure robust long-term plans for physical and financial capacity through prudent stewardship of resources.
- Prioritize Measure Z school facilities bond projects.
- Provide training to principals and site budget staff through quarterly site meetings on budget and District operations.
- Implement position control to link Budget, Human Resources, and Payroll department personnel data.
Engender trust with the community through frequent, clear, transparent, and varied communication.
- Develop community messaging for updates related to PAUSD initiatives and projects.
- Refresh District, schools, and intranet websites.
- Design and establish training materials for major messaging platforms.
Attract, develop, and retain best-in-class talent.
- Explore the adoption/creation of evaluation systems that establish high expectations, evidence-based feedback, and growth opportunities (including coaching) for all staff members.
- Evaluate comprehensive Human Resources management systems to consolidate processes and improve efficiency.
- Purposeful recruitment to bolster workforce diversity.
- Implement practices that will attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
- Explore a hiring referral incentive program for employees.
- Create regular capacity-building opportunities for assistant principals.
- Create Aspiring Leaders Academy.
- Develop apprenticeships for aspiring management.
Identify impactful metrics, measure outcomes, and interpret data to inform decisions aligned with priority items.
- Create a calendar for annual data reporting to the Board and sites.
- Establish evaluation practices and monitor District initiatives.
- Identify a new vendor and launch a data dashboard system for staff.
- Create a public version of the data dashboard.
Innovation & Agility
Assemble flexible teams to innovate and pilot ideas at the levels closest to our students.
- Assess needs and build systematic support for staff innovation that allows creative ideas to be implemented.
- Collect early feedback from flexible teams, adapting as needed, and institute systematic support for staff innovation using an Agile/Scrum structure.
- Develop structure to improve operations and increase the value added by identifying criteria and strategies for adapting Agile/Scrum methodology on a large scale.