PAUSD aims to inspire all PK-12 students to become independent, lifelong learners equipped with the skills, confidence, and self-awareness required for personal growth. We promote an educational approach that prepares students for a self-sufficient life, thoughtful self-reflection, and heightened social awareness. By focusing on instructional choices, such as curriculum, teaching methods, grading practices, and fostering a sense of belonging, we strive to establish learning environments that encourage students to discover their passions, while nurturing their creativity and innovation through self-guided learning and internal motivation.
Igniting Innovation, Forging Partnerships: Where Classrooms Thrive.
Key strategies are organized in four general themes: Curriculum & Instruction, Enduring Skills, Incubator Hub, and Partnerships.
Curriculum & Instruction
- Increase future employability through K-12 Career Pathway programs, engaging students from early grades in creativity programs and middle school career exploration, culminating with industry certification for high school.
- Increase effectiveness of instruction and content mastery through evidence-based grading (EBG) and calibrated homework practices.
- Promote safe and ethical usage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies to ensure that these innovative tools are used in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Implement inclusive and holistic programs that promote student agency and efficacy, with accommodations for and inclusion of all students, including Special Education students.
- Incorporate student voice to inform innovative and equitable educational choices.
- Use an inquiry mindset and leverage technology to increase agency in students so they can become future-ready for college, career, and citizenship.
- Create a systemized process for staff to initiate innovative practices closest to students' levels.
- Create equitable practices to support staff innovation through continuous improvement processes.
- Promote visibility of process and outcomes for innovative projects.
- Expand opportunities for students and parents/guardians to learn about college, careers, and innovative programs.
- Build upon partnerships with Stanford University to expand students' opportunity for learning at all grade levels and enrich staff experiences.
- Expand industry partnerships to provide additional real-world experiences for all students, including field trips and access to career speakers for all grade levels.
- Support students in service-learning to promote youth civic participation and build authentic relationships within the school and local community.
- Provide guidance and support for students participating in postsecondary opportunities, including dual enrollment and internships.
- Expand opportunities and outreach plans for students and teachers to connect the classroom to real-world experiences through the Creativity Cart Project, field trips, innovative programs, and work-based learning.
- Leverage the network of Districtwide alumni to facilitate professional connections between current students and alumni, including career speaker series and mentorship opportunities.
Key Performance Indicator to Measure Progress
- Analyze student performance data and solicit feedback from multiple stakeholders to evaluate success of programs.
- Increase participation in CCAP Dual Enrollment by 10% by the end of the school year.
- Increase Career Technical Education (CTE) pathway completion rate by 5% by the end of the school year.
- Increase the number of students graduating with a certification by 5% by the end of the school year.
- Students meeting criteria to earn Seal of Civic Engagement at 80% or above.
- Sustain Creativity Cart Project participation level.
- Track progress using aligned metrics from the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS), Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP), Career/College Indicator (CCI), and other mandated state reports into data analysis for progress reporting.
- Create a guiding document that promotes safe and ethical usage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies to ensure that these innovative tools are used in a responsible and ethical manner leveraging Ad Hoc Committee.