Healthy Attendance is a way of clarifying we want everyone to attend when they are healthy and able to be with us safely.
Key Strategies - Healthy Attendance
- Reiterate that students and staff members who feel ill should stay home.
- Disseminate and provide support for the implementation of strategies outlined in Identifying and Responding to Student Engagement tiered-response protocol.
- Utilize the PAUSD Attendance Flow Chart to systematically address attendance concerns.
- Implement attendance interventions consistent with Identifying and Responding to Student Engagement and the PAUSD Attendance Flow Chart.
- Conduct outreach to identified students and families to determine barriers to attendance.
- Provide parent education on the importance of attendance.
- Assign Student Success Coaches to students with significant attendance concerns (Tier 3) in addition to support provided by Family Engagement Specialist (FES) and the Student and Family Engagement Program (SaFE).
How will we measure progress? (Key Performance Indicators)
- Increase consistency in implementation of Districtwide Attendance System (2A) by properly coding student absences for consistency and compliance, systematically leveraging PAUSD Attendance Flowchart at the school sites.
- Increase of services for students and their families based on chronic absenteeism or habitual truancy needs at the school sites.
- Improve attendance as a result of bi-weekly attendance reports via A2A and follow-through with students and parents regarding absenteeism patterns.
- Continue to recognize students' attendance through positive incentives and reward systems.