Mental Health and Wellness
We strive to provide social, emotional, and physical health needs of all students. Our goal is to cultivate positive, identity-safe school environments that promote high levels of connection, engagement and overall well-being throughout the school community.
Key Strategies - Mental Health and Wellness
Mental Health and Wellness Programming at PAUSD will be integrated into each tier of a multitiered system of supports that also incorporates other factors related to mental health through the comprehensive School-Based Mental Health (SBMH) Program. SBMH highlights the partnerships, focus areas, intended goals, scope of service, roles and responsibilities of providers, and uniform processes to address mental health and wellness Districtwide. The SBMH program focuses on building and/or strengthening 10 key important levers for an effective school-based mental health program.
- Uniform Processes and Procedures aligned with Board Policy
- Multidisciplinary Mental Health and Wellness Teams
- Strategic Partnerships
- Needs Assessment and Screening
- Multi-Tiered Framework for Prevention and Intervention
- Data Analysis and Progress Monitoring
- Student Outreach and Education
- Parent Education and Staff Training
- Program Evaluation
- Course Correction for Continuous Improvement
How will we measure progress? (Key Performance Indicators)
- Establish a comprehensive School-Based Mental Health (SBMH) Program to expand existing in-house services.
- Expand Tier 1 offerings through the universal screening process.
- Provide Wellness Center spaces to all secondary sites.
- Offer sustainable delivery models for direct mental health services.
- Improve access to quality mental health support within the structure of the educational environment.
- Increase community partnerships to expand programming to the wider community as a whole.
- Administer homework surveys and evaluate outcomes to ensure alignment with Board Policy and Identify next steps.
- Align and evaluate grading practices at each level across subject areas.
- Calibrate grading and homework practices to reduce stress and improve mental health outcomes.