Serve and Celebrate Others
As I watched them tear a building down
Adapted from a poem, The Wreckers, by Franklin Benvegar
The staff and students of PAUSD will become a community of "builders" through investing in service and celebrations on behalf of others. We will positively impact peers, colleagues, and the broader community through human interaction and connections free of judgment and full of joy. Programs, groups, and individuals will be routinely celebrated for building people up through their actions, words, and kindness. Our shared commitment to celebrating our builders will allow for multiple layers of people to contribute at every level.
- Acknowledge and celebrate those who invest in others.
- Commitment to building people up through positive interactions and assuming best intentions.
- Encourage sites and organizations to use creative measures to model service and celebrate people for their contributions.
- Reestablish volunteer opportunities on school sites.
- Utilize the concepts of service, gratitude and celebration of others as paths to improved mental wellness.