Click on the "plus" sign to see a list of all Information Meetings for Parents.
Please contact Registration Services with any questions: RegistrationServices@pausd.org; (650) 329-3707.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Informational Evenings:
Information Evenings for Parents (Spanish and Mandarin translation provided). Below meetings are exactly the same:
- Wednesday January 15, 2020, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., at Walter Hays Elementary School
- Thursday January 23, 2020; 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., at Fairmeadow Elementary School
Held at all neighborhood elementary schools except Ohlone and Hoover. Exact times vary per school; contact school for details. To find your neighborhood school, input your address into the School Finder tool. Actual school placement is subject to availability.
Transitional Kindergarten classes are only at Duveneck, Barron Park, and Greendell elementary schools; families should visit Duveneck if the neighborhood school is Duveneck, Addison, or Walter Hays; families should visit Barron Park if the neighborhood school is Barron Park, Juana Briones, Nixon, or Escondido; families should visit Greendell if the neighborhood school is Palo Verde, Fairmeadow, or El Carmelo. Actual school placement is subject to availability.
Choice School/Program Information Meetings (click here for full description, conditions, and instructions)
- Only one program may be applied to. Parents MUST attend one Information Night and one Tour to receive an application.
- Lottery applications due February 19, 2020, 12:00 p.m. (noon). Applications must be submitted to the Choice Program school's main office.
- Lottery held on Thursday March 5, 2020 (10:00 a.m., at District Office, 25 Churchill Ave). Parent attendance is optional.
- Deadline for Parent Acceptance is Tuesday March 10, 2020, 12:00 p.m. (noon): Inform Choice Program school's main office.
- Parent Information Nights (choose one): January 21, 2020, or February 12, 2020; 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Application/Tour days: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on the following days: January 15, 2020; February 6, 2020.
Ohlone Elementary & Mandarin Immersion
- Parent Information Nights (choose one): January 27, 2020 7:00 PM or February 10, 2020 8:45 a.m.
- Application/Tour dates: 8:45 a.m. on the following days: January 30, 2020; February 5, 2020; February 11, 2020. Application provided at tour.
Spanish Immersion (at Escondido)
- Parent Information Night: January 30, 2020 6:30-8:30 p.m. Application provided at the end of the tour.
- Application/Tours: 8:45 a.m. on the following days: Jan 14 2020, Jan 23 2020, Jan 27 2020.
- Testing for Spanish-fluent and Bilingual Students: Feb 4 2020, and Feb 8, 2020
Young Fives (Greendell)
- Tours: Register with Greendell School for tours beginning in December 2019
- Applications available after families complete a tour
- Observation Day: February 13, 2020
Voluntary Transfer Program Orientation and Registration
- Orientation: January 9, 2020, 5:30 p.m., 25 Churchill Ave (District Office)
- Registration: January 14, 2020 - February 15, 2020, 25 Churchill Ave (District Office)
- Elementary School Placement Meeting: February 20, 2020, 5:30 p.m., 25 Churchill Ave (District Office)
General Information Meeting: January 15, 2020 at each school (call school for exact times)
5th Graders Visit their Middle School (current PAUSD 5th graders only): May 14, 2020 (call school for exact times)
Choice Programs Information Meetings:
- JL Stanford – Connections: February 3, 2020, 7:00 p.m. at JL Stanford
- Greene – Spanish and Mandarin Bridge Programs: February 11, 2020, 6:00 p.m. at Greene
- Details of Choice programs
- Choice Program Applications Sent: early February 2020
- Applications Due: February 19, 2020, 4:00 p.m. (delivery application to Registration Services at email@example.com, or at 25 Churchill Ave)
- Choice Program Lottery & Notification: February 26, 2020, 1:00 p.m. (District Office, 25 Churchill Ave)
- Choice Program Parent Acceptance Deadline: March 2, 2020, 4:00 p.m. (Registration Services Office)
Information Nights for Parents of Rising 9th Graders: January 29, 2020, 7:00 p.m. at each high school.
All current and future PAUSD parents and students, who will be in the 9th grade in the 2020-21 school year, are welcome to attend this event.
Course Selection for Current PAUSD 8th Grade Students:
High School Counselors distribute Course Catalogs to current 8th grade students:
- Fletcher: Gunn High counselors at Fletcher February 4 & 5, 2020; Palo Alto High counselors at Fletcher March 2, 2020
- Greene: Palo Alto High counselors at Greene February 3 & 4, 2020; Gunn High counselors at Greene February 7
- JLS: Gunn High and Palo Alto High guidance counselors at JLS February 10 & 11, 2020
High school counselors return to middle schools later in February/March 2020 to assist current 8th graders with course selection.
Course Selection Information All Parents, and for Newly Registered Parents/Students:
Parents and students can attend the Middle School Course Selection Workshop:
- Palo Alto High school on February 4, 2020 (7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the Haymarket Theater)
- Gunn High School on February 12, 2020 (6:30 - 8:00 p.m. in the Gunn Library)
All newly registered families will be given course-selection instructions after registration and enrollment (starting in April prior to the school year).