To register a new student with the Palo Alto Unified School District, a parent/guardian must follow the below steps.
(Current students are re-registered via the Annual Data Update process; parents will receive an email with instructions in the spring of each year.)
MAKE SURE: Parents must be currently living full-time in a dwelling within PAUSD boundaries. Future residents can register two weeks prior to the move-in date.
Step 1: Complete an Online Registration application (takes approximately 30 minutes to complete) by clicking on the below box. Make sure to choose the correct school year for which you want to register your child.
--> NOTE: the Online Registration portal will be offline for maintenance from December 21, 2019 through January 2, 2020.
- Online Registration for 2019-2020 school year
- Online Registration for 2020-2021 opens on January 3, 2020
Step 2: Gather all required documents. Note that THREE residency documents are required in addition to several other documents. Do not proceed to step 3 if you have not completed an Online Registration, or you do not have all required documents. Call Registration Services for any questions or concerns.
Step 3: Finish registration with an in-person visit to the Registration Services office at 25 Churchill Ave. (Students are not required to be present at the appointment, but are welcome to attend with parent supervision.)
- Walk-ins are accepted, but to avoid possible long lines book an appointment (recommended). Note: Appointments for 2020-21 registrations can be scheduled starting December 9, 2019 for appointments starting January 8, 2020.
- Bring all original documents listed in item 2 above for inspection and verification.
- Appointment will take approximately 30 minutes for one child, 45 minutes for two children, 60 minutes for 3 or more children.
Please contact Registration Services with any questions: RegistrationServices@pausd.org; (650) 329-3707.