To register a student with the Palo Alto Unified School District, a parent/guardian must:
- Be physically present and living full-time in a dwelling within PAUSD boundaries. Be sure to fully read and understand California Residency laws. Future residents can register two weeks prior to the move-in date.
- Gather all required documents.
- Complete an Online Registration application (takes approximately 30 minutes to complete):
- Registration for the coming 2018 - 2019 school year
- Online Registration for 2019 - 2020 school year will open on January 2, 2019
- Finish registration for 2018 - 2019 with an in-person visit to the Registration Services office at 25 Churchill Ave.
- To avoid waiting in line, It is highly recommended that you book an appointment (button at top right of this link)
- Bring all original documents listed in item 2 above for inspection and verification
- Appointment will take approximately 30 minutes for one child, 45 minutes for two children, 60 minutes for 3 or more children
- Registration Appointments for 2019 - 2020 will open for scheduling on January 2, 2019. First appointment is January 9, 2019.
Please contact Registration Services with any questions: RegistrationServices@pausd.org; (650) 329-3707.