To register a student with the Palo Alto Unified School District, a parent/guardian must follow these steps:
Step 0: Be currently living full-time in a dwelling within PAUSD boundaries. Future residents can register two weeks prior to the move-in date.
Step 1: Complete an Online Registration application (takes approximately 30 minutes to complete):
- Online Registration for the 2018-19 school year
- 2019 - 20: Online Registrations will open on January 3, 2019
Step 2: Gather all required documents. Note that THREE residency documents are required in addition to several other documents. Do not proceed to step 3 if you do not have all required documents. Call Registration Services for any questions or concerns.
Step 3: Finish registration with an in-person visit to the Registration Services office at 25 Churchill Ave. (Students are not required to be present at the appointment, but are welcome to attend with parent supervision.)
- Walk-ins are accepted, but to avoid possible long lines book an appointment (recommended). Note: Appointments for 2019-20 registrations can be scheduled starting December 10, 2018 for appointments starting January 9, 2019.
- Bring all original documents listed in item 2 above for inspection and verification.
- Appointment will take approximately 30 minutes for one child, 45 minutes for two children, 60 minutes for 3 or more children.
Please contact Registration Services with any questions: RegistrationServices@pausd.org; (650) 329-3707.