The PAUSD Return to Campus Roadmap is built around the following guiding principles:
- Follow public health guidelines
- Maintain an inclusive, caring, and supportive school culture
- Establish systematic protocols
- Calibrate with surrounding school districts
- Provide timely communication and transparency
- Embrace uncertainty and be agile
Applying these principles, PAUSD has been operating under the three modalities: Distance, Hybrid, and In-Person Learning. PAUSD will continue to follow the state and county guidelines with these modalities in mind.
- Distance Learning
The model of learning involving solely synchronous and asynchronous learning without in-person instruction.
- Hybrid Learning
The model of learning involving a combination of scheduled instruction in-person and asynchronous instruction from their teacher.
- In-Person Learning
The model of learning involving all, or nearly all, instruction in a face-to-face setting with a teacher.