Below are some answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs). Updates will be ongoing. The same simple steps that prevent the spread of ordinary flu viruses work against COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow (not your hand). Then throw tissue away and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Keep students home if temperature is above 100.0 F (37.8 C) or they report not feeling well, appear weak or ill
- Consult your health care provider if you or your child has special health conditions that put you at increased risk
- Should I expect a response from the District for my general questions, requests, and suggestions?
- Will school events (field trips, sports, etc.) be canceled?
- If I elect to keep my child at home, can my child receive online instruction?
- Will families be notified if a PAUSD staff member or student tests positive with COVID-19?
- What can I do to ensure the safety of myself and others?
- Are additional cleaning measures in place?
- What is happening with CAASPP testing?