Front of Barron Park Elementary School

Campus Profile

Barron Park Elementary School
800 Barron Ave.
Built: 1947, 1950, 1978, 2001

Barron Park Elementary School, formerly known as Herbert Hoover Elementary School is comprised of 4 single story buildings in an L configuration surrounding a central playground and field space. The Administration building and adjacent classroom wing was originally built in 1947. In 1950, a second classroom wing and the Multipurpose buildings were added. A fire in 1977 destroyed much of the original wing and the Administration building, which was reconstructed in 1978. Also on site are 4 relocatable buildings, including 1 classroom and 1 science resource centers. During Building for Excellence, a new Library building and classroom wing were added to the campus, and the remainder of the classrooms and support spaces were renovated.

Projects