Briones Elementary School
4100 Orme St.
Built: 1952, 1954, 1969 (OH Center) 2003
|Total Site Area:||6.9 Acres|
|Building Area/Miscellaneous Circulation||2.4|
|Hard-Court Play Area||1.1|
|Turf Play Area||1.3|
|Building Area:||58,165 SF|
|Existing Classroom Size:||930 to 1440 SF|
Briones Elementary School consists of six permanent single story buildings and 3 relocatable buildings arranged in an elongated L configuration around a central playground and field.
The original buildings were the Administration building and the two classroom wings, constructed in 1952. In 1954, the Multipurpose building was added. In 1969, the large Briones Orthopedic Center was constructed on the southern end of the site. There are two relocatable buildings near the OH center housing Day Care facilities, and a single relocatable north of the lower classroom wing housing a single classroom.
In 2003 as part of the Building for Excellence program, a new Library building was constructed, in addition to complete renovation of the Classroom wings and the Administration building.