Duveneck Elementary School
705 Alester Ave.
Built: 1950, 1955, 1969, 2002
Duveneck Elementary School is comprised of six permanent single story buildings arranged in an elongated L configuration around a central playground and field space. The original buildings were the two classroom wings and the Administration building, which were built in 1950. A Multipurpose building was constructed in 1955, and the library building was built in 1969.
In 2002, a new classroom wing was built as part of the Building for Excellence program, which also renovated the existing classrooms, Administration building and the Library. There are seven relocatable buildings on this site, five housing classrooms and two housing Day Care facilities.
The Strong Schools Bond project will remove the existing portable classrooms and replace them with a new two-story building and two single story classroom buildings. The new classroom buildings will increase capacity by 3 classrooms, increase the library space and create a flex room. Also, existing classrooms will be modernized including upgraded lighting, improved ventilation and upgraded cabinets.
- Architect Contract Approval – May 11, 2010
- Conceptual Design Approval – January 11, 2011
- Schematic Design Approval – June 28, 2011
- Submit to DSA – February 28, 2012*
- Approval by DSA – October 6, 2012*
- Bid Opening November – 22, 2012*
- Award of Contract November – 27, 2012*
- Notice to Proceed – December 5, 2012*
- Substantial Completion – May 16, 2014*
- Planned Occupancy – August 1, 2014*
* Anticipated Dates - Subject to Change