El Carmelo Elementary School
3024 Bryant Ave.
Built: 1955, 1957, 1967, 2001
|Total Site Area:||4.0 Acres|
|Building Area/Miscellaneous Circulation||1.4|
|Hard-Court Play Area||0.8|
|Turf Play Area||1.7|
|Building Area:||39,280 SF|
|Existing Classroom Size:||960 to 1440 SF|
El Carmelo Elementary School is comprised of six permanent single story buildings arranged in an elongated L configuration around a central playground and field space.
The site is bounded on all four sides by El Carmelo, Bryant, Loma Verde and Ramona Streets. The original buildings were the classroom wing and the Administration building, which were built in 1955. A Multipurpose building was constructed in 1957. A library resource building was built in 1967, which was rebuilt in 2001 along with a new classroom wing as part of the Building for Excellence program.
The 2001 project also included renovation of the existing classrooms and Administration building. There are three relocatable buildings on this site, one housing a classroom and two housing Day Care facilities.