Escondido Elementary School
890 Escondido Rd.
Built: 1960, 1061, 1967, 2001
|Total Site Area:||7.9 Acres|
|Building Area/Miscellaneous Circulation||2.5|
|Hard-Court Play Area||2.5|
|Turf Play Area||2.4|
|Building Area:||46,825 SF|
|Existing Classroom Size:||920 to 1440 SF|
Escondido Elementary School is comprised of eight permanent single story buildings set in a configuration around a central courtyard and field space to the north.
The site is bounded on all two sides by Stanford Ave and Escondido Road. In 1960, two classroom wings, a Kindergarten wing and the Administration / Multipurpose buildings were built. In 1961, two more classroom buildings were built, with another added in 1967.
As part of the Building for Excellence program, a 2001 project remodeled classrooms, the Library and the Administration building and added a final classroom wing. There are seven relocatable buildings on this site, with six housing classrooms and one housing a Day Care facility.