Fairmeadow Elementary School
500 East Meadow Dr.
Built: 1950, 1956, 1972, 2003
Fairmeadow Elementary School is bounded on one side by East Meadow, and J.L Stanford and Mitchell Park on the remaining boundaries.
In 1950, the Administration building and two classroom wings were built as part of the original campus. The Multipurpose building was built in 1956. In 1972, the Jackson Hearing Center was constructed along the boundary with J.L. Stanford. As part of the Building for Excellence program in 2003, existing classrooms and the Administration building were renovated, and a new Library building was constructed.
The Strong Schools Bond project will remove the three existing portable classrooms and replace them with a new two-story building located next to the Jackson Building. The new 8 classroom building will increase capacity by 3 classrooms and provide a flex room. Also, existing classrooms will be modernized including upgraded lighting, new operable windows and improved ventilation, upgraded cabinets and installation of interactive white boards. Upgrades are also planned in the parking lot area including a dedicated drop-off land, restriping, widening of a sidewalk and planting area to define walking zones, and ADA accessible curbs.
- Architect Contract Approval – October 27 , 2009
- Conceptual Design Approval – April 6 , 2010
- Schematic Design Approval – September 28 , 2010
- Submit to DSA – April 18, 2011
- Approval by DSA – November 14, 2011
- Bid Opening – December 5, 2011
- Award of Contract – December 13, 2011
- Notice to Proceed – January 3, 2012
- Substantial Completion – August 5, 2013*
- Planned Occupancy – August 20, 2013*
* Anticipated Dates - Subject to Change