Fletcher Middle School
655 Arastradero Rd
Built in: 1957, 2004
Fletcher Middle School is comprised of 11 single story buildings on a 6.6 acre site adjacent to Terman park, which serves as field space for the school under an agreement with the City of Palo Alto. The school was originally built in 1957, and closed during the 1980’s as a result of declining enrollment. The facility was leased to the JCC for much of this period. In 2003, the school was modernized from its use by the JCC and reopened as a small middle school site for grades 6-8. In 2004, the K wing was also renovated into 5 more classrooms.
The Stong Schools Bond project will expand the library and administration building and construct a new drama classroom building. Modernization work will include renovation of the computer classroom and lab location, remodeled gymnasium entry, and food service area renovation. Existing classrooms will receive heating upgrades to replace outdated boilers. Also, improved drainage to location on campus where drainage is an issue. Once completed, the school will have three additional classrooms but will not increase the student enrollment capacity at the school.
- Architect Contract Approval – October 30, 2008
- Conceptual Design Approval – September 8, 2009
- Schematic Design Approval – May 25, 2010
- Submit to DSA – December 21, 2010
- Approval by DSA – September 1, 2011
- Bid Opening – December 6, 2011
- Award of Contract – December 13, 2011
- Notice to Proceed – December 27, 2011
- Substantial Completion – August 7, 2013*
- Planned Occupancy – September 4, 2013*
* Anticipated Dates - Subject to Change