Ohlone Elementary School
950 Amarillo Ave.
Built: 1949, 1962, 2003
Ohlone Elementary School is access from Amarillo Ave, and is bounded on the remaining sides by residences. The original buildings were the classroom wings and the Administration building, which were built in 1949. A Multipurpose building and Library Resource Center were constructed in 1962. In 2003, the Building for Excellence program added another classroom building, and included renovation of the existing classrooms and the Administration building.
The Strong Schools Bond project will remove the eight existing portable classrooms and replace them with a new two-story building located next to the farm. The new 12 classroom building will increase capacity by 3 classrooms and provide a flex room. Also, existing classrooms will be modernized including upgraded lighting, new operable windows and improved ventilation, upgraded cabinets and installation of interactive white boards. Upgrades are also planned in the parking lot area including restriping, widening of a sidewalk and planting area to define walking zones, and ADA accessible curbs.
New Classroom Building Project Schedule
- Architect Contract Approval – October 14, 2008
- Conceptual Design Approval – March 17, 2009
- Schematic Design Approval – June 23, 2009
- Submit to DSA – May 11, 2010
- Approval by DSA – May 18, 2010
- Bid Opening – July 13, 2010
- Award of Contract – August 3, 2010
- Notice to Proceed – August 19, 2010
- Substantial Completion – November 18, 2011
- Planned Occupancy – January 3, 2012
* Anticipated Dates - Subject to Change