Palo Alto Unified School District administers the California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) every other year at grades 5, 7, 9 and 11. The CHKS is the largest statewide survey of resiliency, protective factors, and at risk behaviors in the nation and has led to a better understanding of the relationship between students' health behaviors and academic performance. The CHKS is acknowledged as a critical component of school improvement efforts to help guide the selection and development of effective health and prevention programs. For more information visit CHKS.
Palo Alto Unified School District utilizes CHKS to inform policies, practices and programs at grades 5, 7, 9 and 11. The District and community are committed to continuing efforts to support student health and safety at all levels. District and school reports are included below.
Samples of surveys administered this school year:
- PAUSD California School Climate Survey Main Report
- PAUSD California School Parent Survey Main Report
- Elementary School CHKS Survey
- Middle School CHKS Survey
- High School CHKS Survey
- PAUSD CustomSurvey for Middle and High School
- PAUSD Additional Custom Survey for Middle/High School 2015
Reports for 2015 - 2016:
- Barron Park
- Juana Briones
- El Carmelo
- Walter Hays
- Palo Verde