Emergency Mental Health Support:
Please use one of the following crisis resources if you need immediate help:
- Call 911 and request a C.I.T. (Crisis Intervention Team) trained officer
- Text "home" to crisis text line 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- English: 800-273-TALK
- Español: 888-628-9454
- TTYY: 800-799-4889
- Online chat: suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Bill Wilson Youth Hotline (24-hour Suicide & Crisis Line): 408-850-6125
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQQ+ Crisis Support: 1-866-488-7386
Santa Clara County Residents:
- Uplift Family Services Mobile Crisis Line: (408)-379-9085
- Alum Rock Counseling Center: (408) 294-0579
San Mateo County Residents:
- StarVista 650-579-0350 for 24/7 phone crisis consultation for next steps
An extensive list of current PAUSD community and mental health resources is provided on the PAUSD Community Resources webpage.
Families, students or staff seeking mental health services can use Care Solace to find a community provider matched to their needs. Care Solace is a free resource that walks you through ten basic questions to match you to an extensive list of local mental health providers. Care Solace takes into account all types of insurance, including, Medi-Cal, Medicaid, and Medicare and those that have no insurance.
If you are not already connected to support at your school:
- Student and Family Engagement Specialists (SaFE) are a starting point.
- Elementary families can also connect with their school psychologist or principal.
- Middle school students and families can also reach out to their grade level school counselor.
- High school students and families can connect with their school counselors, advisor/mentor or through the Wellness Center Staff. High school students will be able to sign up for remote “drop in” support through the Wellness Center.
If you have questions, contact PAUSD Wellness and Support Services at (650) 329-3769.