English Learner Program
The English Learner Program provides English Language Development (ELD) and Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English (SDAIE) instruction for students acquiring English. These techniques develop the academic English skills students need to succeed in school. California English Language Learner Standards can be found here.
Palo Alto Unified School District participates in the Seal of Biliteracy. Information can be found below:
We strive to help students:
- Develop fluency in English
- Cultivate a positive sense of self-worth
- Understand and respect other cultures
- Achieve equal access to core academic curriculum
The English Learner Master Plan was approved by the Board of Trustees and the District English Learner Advisory Board (DELAC) on June 11, 2019. The new English Learner Master Plan reflects the state English Learner Assessment, English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC). All Sites have English Learner Specialist or Coordinator.
If you have questions, contact the English Learner Program office at (650) 329-3736
- Who participates in ELD classes?
- What is the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)?
- How does the ELD program work?
- How can the parents of English Learners get involved?
- District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)